Can Bona Polishes be applied through a spray bottle or through the Bona Spray Mop?
No, Bona Polish cannot be sprayed on the floor. We do not recommend using the Polish in your mop.
Our Polishes are meant to be poured from the bottle they come in directly on the floor to get an even top coat. If the Polish is sprayed on the floor it may create an uneven top coat and will cause your sprayer to clog.
- For best results with the Bona Polish below are the instructions for how to apply polish:
- Remove furniture, rugs, etc. and vacuum, sweep or dust mop the floor.
- Attach the yellow Microfiber Applicator Pad to the bottom of your mop base.
- Gently rock the Polish bottle back and forth for 30 seconds.
- It is very important to measure your floor before applying the polish.
- Do a small test area first before applying the Polish throughout your floor.
- One bottle of the 32oz. Polish only covers 500 sq. ft., 24oz. Polish only covers 350 sq. ft.
- Start in a small manageable area and squirt the polish from the bottle directly onto the floor in an “S” shaped pattern and apply the polish using the Applicator Pad.
- Spread the polish going with the grain.
- After applying the polish– wash out your Applicator Pad immediately to remove polish residue.
- After 1 to 2 hours, depending on humidity, you may walk on the floor in your stocking feet.
- Cure time is 24 hours. After this time, replace furniture, allow heavy traffic and pets.