Watch this video or refer to the directions below:
Always refer to the instructions before using the Polish and be sure to do a test area before coating the entire floor. Below please find our recommendations on how to polish your floors:
- Start with a clean floor using Bona Cleaners. If unfamiliar with cleaning products previously used on the floor, Bona recommends using Bona PowerPlus Deep Clean and Bona PowerPlus Microfiber Deep Clean Pad to remove any cleaner residue.
- Remove furniture, rugs, etc. and vacuum, sweep or dust mop the floor.
- Attach a dedicated blue Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad to the bottom of your Bona Mop.
- Gently rock the Polish bottle back and forth for 30 seconds.
- It is very important to measure your floor before applying the polish.
- Do a small TEST AREA first before applying the Polish throughout your floor.
- One bottle of the 32 oz. Polish only covers 500 sq. ft., 24 oz. Polish only covers 350 sq. ft.
- For a 10 x 12 foot room, you will use about a 1/4 of the 32 oz. bottle.
- Start in a small manageable area and squirt the polish from the bottle directly onto the floor.
- Spread the polish going with the grain using a dedicated blue Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad on the bottom of your Bona Mop. You will want to keep the pad damp with Polish to help reduce streaking.
- After applying the polish- wash out your Microfiber Pad immediately to remove polish residue.
- After 1 to 2 hours, depending on humidity, you may walk on the floor in your stocking feet.
- Cure time is 24 hours. After this time, replace furniture, allow heavy traffic and pets.
- Use no more than every 2-4 months or longer to keep floors looking their best.